Thank you for choosing Camp Farley for your camper/s. The following information is to help you prepare for their arrival. It is important that you:
- Review this guide.
- Use our checklists to ensure you pack everything you need for a great week at camp.
- Log into RegPak and complete your forms and payment two weeks before your camper’s week/s.
Camp Contact Information
615 Route 130
Mashpee, MA 02649
Office Phone: 508-477-0181
Summer Office Hours:
Mon. - Fri. 8:30 am- 5:00 pm
(Office is open year round with abbreviated hours)
Directions: Proceed over Sagamore Bridge and take Exit 2 (Sandwich/Mashpee) off Route 6. Take a right at the end of the ramp onto Route 130. Follow for approximately 7 miles. Look for the big Camp Farley sign on your left. If you go by "Anchor Storage" on your right you just passed us. For GPS: 615 Main Street
Emergency Contact Information
After hours: Parents can email us a message using the form provided on our Contact Us page or by texting the emergency number provided at camper check in.
The Fine Print
- There is a $30 fee for returned checks.
- Deposits are refundable on registrations cancelled prior to May 6. After May 6 there are no refunds on cancelled registrations. All cancellations are assessed a $30 handling fee.
- Changes on registrations made prior to June 1 will not incur a fee. After June 1 there is a $10 fee on each change. Deposits are non-transferable after June 1.
- There are no refunds for late arrivals or early departures. Early departures for medical reasons receive a pro-rated refund for the balance of their stay (minus the deposit) based on the number of whole days missed. (A signed doctor's slip must be provided.)
Health Care Policy
We will contact you if:
- Parents of campers with significant illness or injury (that precludes them from participating in the camp program) will be notified by phone to arrange timely pick-up.
- Camper incurs a serious injury or ailment and if appropriate, camper needs to be transported - either by staff vehicle or ambulance - to the Falmouth Hospital in Falmouth.
We will not contact you when:
- You will not be notified of routine infirmary care such as treatment of non-infected bug bites, bumps, scratches or bruises. When appropriate, and through consultation with the camp nurse, children may return to camp after they recover from their injury or illness.
- Under usual circumstances, day campers who are mildly ill or injured will be held in the camp's infirmary until the end of the day (5:00 p.m.) and discharged accordingly.
- Camp Farley operates under the Standing Orders of Cape Cod Pediatrics in Sandwich. The Health Care Supervisor (camp nurse) administers camper medications under the provisions of these Standing Orders.
- Please note that if a camper requires an Epipen or inhaler, parents must provide one.
- Allergy sensitive food options are available.
- For severe medical exceptions please contact the camp office.
State Law requires that Camp Farley have written verification that camper's immunizations are current. Camp Farley's Health Form must be completed and include emergency contact, insurance and other required information. The medical forms are on RegPak.
Visiting Your Camper
For security reasons, we cannot allow parents, relatives or friends to visit when camp is in session. This can also disrupt the camper, as they are busy with their activities. If you feel you must see your child, please contact the Camp Director. Informal camp tours are available. Contact the camp office for information.
Cell Phone & Electronic Equipment
We respectfully request campers do not come with cell phones or internet accessible or electronic devises. These items may represent a safety issue and distraction and may be damaged, lost or stolen. Items deemed inappropriate for camp will be held in the camp office and returned the day of departure. Camp is not responsible for lost or damaged items.